GENERAL EVENT RULES
Sales of any product, item or service is limited to those who have paid to vend at the conference. In addition, the contract with the hotel does not allow vending of any products, items or services from hotel rooms, the parking lot, the lobby, or in any other area of the hotel or hotel property except in the SWLC vending area.
The privacy of attendees is paramount to SWLC. Photography/videography/audio recordings of any kind are not allowed at Southwest Leather Conference by regular attendees except in private guest rooms. Select media representatives will have pre-authorization to take photos (but not at the play parties or at the Dance of Souls). We suggest that you leave your cameras in your guest room. Any attendee caught using a camera (including cellphone cameras) in restricted areas might have his/her registration immediately cancelled and the equipment confiscated and checked to ensure that no photos or recordings were taken. That person could be banned from further participation in the 2017 event and could be permanently banned from participating in future SWLC events. The ONLY exception to this rule is after contest and award winners are announced on Saturday evening and Sunday brunch. At that time, the Emcee will announce that photography of the contest/award winners will be allowed for a short time.
- SWLC pre-authorized media representatives will have photo privileges throughout the weekend. These pre-authorized guests will be identified by a bright yellow MEDIA tag attached to their SWLC namebadge.
- Attendees who DO NOT wish to have their photograph taken will need to get a special yellow namebadge insert at the SWLC Registration desk.
- Attendees without the yellow namebadge insert authorize and permit, as part of their registration, Southwest Leather Conference and it’s media designees to use his/her name, likeness and all reproduction thereof in any and all media now or hereafter. This includes use of photos for marketing on social media, the SWLC website, and other locations.
- Media photography will not be allowed in the Dance of Souls, Our Place, Leather Tribal Revival, Play Parties or private gatherings. Media representatives must request prior permission from the workshop presenter before taking photographs in workshops.
- Cellphone use (including Droids, SmartPhone, I-Phone, Blackberry and other personal communication devises) is allowed in the general social areas of SWLC but not the use of the camera or video features.
- Cellphone use (including Droids, SmartPhones, I-Phones, Blackberries, etc.) is not allowed during workshops, demos, and other scheduled SWLC activities. Cellphones (including Droid, SmartPhones, I-Phones, Blackberries, etc.) must not be visible and must be turned off or switched to silent during workshops, demos, and other scheduled SWLC activities.
- No cellphones or cameras of any sort will be allowed to be used or visible past the play space doors during the on-site play parties, or in the Sunday Dance of Souls event. Any attendee seen with a cellphone past the play space doors during the on-site play parties, or the Sunday Dance of Souls event might have his/her registration immediately cancelled and the equipment confiscated and checked to ensure that no photos or recordings were taken. That person could be banned from further participation in the 2017 event and could be permanently banned from participating in future SWLC events. All cellphones must be turned off and checked with the complimentary bag check before entering play spaces or 2017 Dance Of Souls.
- We ask that each of you assist us in watching out for any attendee who has a camera or cellphone and who might be taking photos/video. If you see a person whom you suspect is taking pictures, please contact the nearest SWLC Security Team Member and let that person know. He/she will contact a member of the Steeringe Committee and we will investigate the situation.
Alcohol consumption is only allowed by attendees age 21 and over. Attendees under the age of 21 discovered to be consuming alcoholic beverages at SWLC will be immediately removed from the event with no refund of any part of paid fees.
Non-prescription drugs are not allowed except for over-the-counter medications. Illegal or recreational drugs are absolutely not permitted anywhere at SWLC at any time. If a SWLC staff member suspects drug use or possession of drugs, the person will be immediately removed from the event with no refund of any part of paid fees.
Clothing that completely covers breasts, genitals, and butt cheeks is required in all areas of the hotel except in guest rooms and where otherwise posted. All SM-related tools and toys must be covered in public areas of the hotel on the public sides of the security curtains.
PLAY PARTY RULES
- All activities are to be consensual for all parties involved.
- All activities must be legal. All members must be at least 18 years of age. Discussions of pedophilia, necrophilia or bestiality are strongly discouraged. Sex workers, like all other members of the general community, are welcome, but sexual solicitation at the SWLC event is not acceptable and will result in immediate revocation of your registration and your removal from the event with no refund of any part of your paid fees.
- The Safeword of the SWLC play space is "Red." "Red" means stop all action and re-negotiate before continuing.
- In the event that a Dungeon Monitor tells a member to modify or stop a scene, they must be obeyed. The purpose of the Dungeon Monitors is to see that the rules are enforced. Dungeon Monitors have the responsibility to protect the integrity of the space and the right to stop a scene for non-compliance.
- There will be no breath play nor choke play.
- There will be no flying or “aerosoled” blood.
- There will be no urine or feces play.
- There will be no fireplay or any open flame allowed.
- There will be no firearm play (in fact, no firearms are permitted in any hotel space used by SWLC).
- Do not sit or leave things on equipment that you are not using for play.
- Do not join or interrupt a scene without permission.
- As soon as it is appropriate when the scene is over, clean up the equipment and vacate for the next players. At various locations in the play space we have provided cleaning supplies to use on equipment, red containers for contaminated waste, and sharps containers for the sharps.
AGREEMENT AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY - by registering for the event you agree to the release of liability
I am freely and voluntarily choosing to attend and participate in this event and to view and/or participate in activities that I know are adult oriented and sexually explicit and that involve acts of domination, submission, bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism, and other explicit and extreme sexual fetishes and activities including, but not limited to, spanking, paddling, whipping, waxing, piercing, knife or edge or blood play, bondage, suspension, fisting and other oral, vaginal and anal penetration. I understand that these activities involve certain risks including, but not limited to, the possible negligent or reckless conduct of other participants.
Assumption of Risk
I am aware that these activities are considered extremely hazardous activities. I am voluntarily participating in these activities with full knowledge of the dangers involved, and I accept and I assume full responsibility for any and all risks of property damage, personal injury or death.
I am aware that SWLC pre-authorized media representatives will have photo privileges throughout the weekend. Attendees without a visible yellow namebadge insert authorize and permit, as part of their registration, Southwest Leather Conference and it’s media designees to use his/her namebadge name, likeness and all reproduction thereof in any and all media now or hereafter. This includes use of photos for marketing on social media, the SWLC website, and other locations.
As consideration for being permitted by SWLC and Butchmanns to enter the event, and view and participate in these activities, and to use the facilities and equipment provided, I agree that neither I nor anyone through me or on my behalf will make any claim against or sue SWLC and/or Butchmanns, Inc. or anyone affiliated with SWLC and/or Butchmanns, Inc. including, but not limited to, its officers, directors, members, agents, employees, volunteers, promoters, sponsors, and contractors, and including, but not limited to, the owners, lessors or suppliers of the premises and the owners, lessors or suppliers of equipment used in connection with the event, for any injury or damage suffered by me at any time during my presence at the event or as a result of my participation in any activities at the event, and I hereby release, waive and forever discharge them, their heirs, administrators, executors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demand, actions or rights of action, of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, arising from or by reason of my attendance at or participation in the event or activities.
Indemnity and Hold Harmless
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless SWLC and/or Butchmanns, Inc. and those individuals and entities described, from any loss, liability, injury, damage or cost that they may occur or that they may incur due to my presence or my actions at the event, whether caused by my negligence or otherwise.
Release of Liability for Piercing
- The piercing you are considering is a possibly dangerous procedure.
- There are complications that may occur, while they are unusual, they must be considered prior to having a piercing.
- Piercing is generally safe; however there are some complication to consider. Piercing may cause bruises, strains, fractures (broken bones), dislocation of body parts, alterations in skin and muscles, structural damage to your body, scarring, marring of skin, paralysis, infection, scar formation, and sometimes death. Piercing may place you at risk for disease and or trauma to your body. The most common complication is soreness at the time of the piercing and for a period of time thereafter, and infection. SWLC and Butchmanns, Inc. advise that you consider all of these factors prior to having a piercing done.
- All equipment used in piercing is sterile or cleansed with an antiseptic prior to use on your body. Needles used are for single use only will be discarded after use. To the best of our knowledge, all equipment is in good working condition. Accessories you have brought with you are used at your own risk.
- You further agree to keep your piercing cleansed as instructed, and to see your physician should redness, pain, swelling, or any discharge from the pierced site occur.
- You must be at least 18 years old to receive a piercing.
- By registering for the event, you indicate your understanding of the above information. You also agree to hold blameless and free from any and all liability resulting from such action, SWLC, Butchmanns Inc. and the Sheraton at Four Points Hotel, the individual providing the piercing, and staff and volunteers. Registering indicates acceptance of your personal responsibility for any harm or damage done to yourself or occurring to you as a result of this piercing.
Knowing and Voluntary Execution
I have carefully read this document and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract between SWLC, Butchmanns, Inc., and me, and that I am giving up many legal rights and remedies by registering for Southwest Leather Conference. I further agree that, for the purposes of authorizing and authenticating this liability waiver, my electronic signature via online registration has the full force and effect of a signature affixed by hand to a paper document.