Thank you Hard Pink Sisterhood for sponsoring the SWLC 2018 Bootblack Lounge . . .
GET YOUR SHINE ON
Some of the best bootblacks from across the nation will be providing leathercare in the Bootblack Lounge. Stop by and visit us at the end of the social hallway. We're usually easily tracked by noise level.
|Thursday||6:00 pm – 11:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday||9:30 pm – Midnight Boots & Cigars…..and chocolate cake!|
|Saturday||10:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:30 pm – Midnight|
|Sunday||Noon – 3:00 pm (pending bootblack availability)|
Sometimes, you'll still find a bootblack lurking or a hot scene happening during off hours, but we ask that you review the schedule for regular hours. Our bootblacks are usually waiting-list only and signing up is critical.
Any bootblack is welcome to join in the fun. Can’t bring your full kit on the plane? We’ll find someone to share. Sign-up to shine will be open closer to the event.
GET SOME LEATHER LOVING
This year we are implementing a new way to sign up at the bootblack lounge….a successful method used at Folsom Street Fair, Dore Alley, and a few other events.
- Want your boots or leathers loved? Come to the Bootblack Lounge and get a numbered ticket at the greeting table.
- This ticket will give you a place in line for the entire weekend
- When you are ready to get your boots or leathers done come up to the Bootblack Lounge greeting table
- We will call out for the lowest unused ticket number at that specific time. If your number is the lowest, you will be next in line.
- Do not lose your ticket! If you lose your ticket, you lose your spot in line.
- Everyone is welcome in the Bootblack Lounge.
- Keep it fun and keep it real…a warm body must be in the boots or garments to be cared for. We're happy to shine your boots, clean and condition those chaps, pants or skirts, rub down a shirt, or give your gloves some special care.
- We will only be offering drop-off service if there are bootblacks available at the time and no guests are in the chairs.
- Tipping is appropriate and suggested. The bootblacks are encouraged to donate a portion of their tips to the Southwest Leather Conference Bootblack Travel fund and they often donate to charities of their choice.
- Most people tip about $10 - $15 for a standard pair of boots, skirts, pants or jackets in reasonable condition. Add a few more bucks for multiple buckles, tall boots, long coats, corsets, repair work and outstanding service. Any kind of mud, glop, sludge or goo is often considered to be worth a little more.
- Relax, enjoy and chat if you wish. Moan in ecstasy if the experience is erotic.
- As sexy as the Lounge attendees and bootblacks are, please be sure touching is by consent. Ask first.
- Bootblacking is also a spectator sport. Please do not interrupt the bootblack and the person in the chair unless you have their ok.
WANT TO SHINE?
Any bootblack is welcome to join in the fun. Can’t bring your full kit on the plane? We’ll find someone to share. Sign-up will be open closer to the event