Passions will be ignited during Southwest Leather Conference the weekend of January 21 - 24, 2016 in Phoenix Arizona. Along with multitudes of educational opportunities, spiritual experiences, bootblacking, hospitality gatherings, and play spaces, the event will feature evening stage festivities including portions of the Southwest Master/slave contest and the Southwest Bootblack contest.
The incomparable Nick Elliott will be returning by popular demand for his second year to emcee the Friday and Saturday evening celebrations. Nick, International Mr. Bootblack 2012, dazzled the crowds last year and has new shenanigans in store for January.
Contestants for the Southwest Master/slave contest and the Southwest Bootblack contest will share their hot passions with a stellar line-up of judges. In addition to their contest duties, judges will be presenting workshops during the weekend.
Master/slave Contest Judges
- Patrick Mulcahey: Honored with the Southwest Leather Conference 2013 Leatherman's Heart Award and the National Leather Association’s 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award, and is one the Butchmanns Board of Directors.
- Joseph: Former Executive Director of Southwest Leather Conference, a founders of the Phoenix boys of Leather, and founder of the Red Lions Leather Club in NC.
- slave Jazz: Producer of Sin in the City, co-founder of the International Person of Leather (InterPOL) Contest, and founder of Las Vegas Leather Women (LVLW)
- Douglas Connors: Mr Leather Ottawa-Outaouais 2003, Pantheon of Leather 2003 Canadian Region Award winner, and a prolific writer.
- Sir Cougar: Co-owner and co-producer of South Plains Leatherfest-International Master/slave Contest.
- Master Trish: Ms. Southwest Olympus Leather 2012, Producer of the Southwest Person of Leather, and founding member of Desert Dominion.
- Allena Gabosch: Former Executive Director of the Center For Sex Positive Culture and the Foundation for Sex Positive Culture, past commissioner with the Seattle Commission for Sexual Minorities, and a frequent speaker on many sexuality related subjects.
Bootblack Contest Judges
- Gabriel Majors: Bluegrass Bootblack 2011, Great Lakes Bootblack 2011, and 2013 Pantheon of Leather Southeast Regional Award winner,
- Marta: Indiana Bootblack 2014, Great Lakes Bootblack 2014, and First Runner-Up International Ms Bootblack 2015
- Sarge: International Ms. Leather 2015, Ms. San Diego Leather 2014-15, and founder of The Stomping Ground.
- Tyesha Best: Assistant Editor-in-Chief for Leatherati.com , NLA-International Executive Secretary, and former president of Dallas Girls Of Leather.
- Bootdog: International Mr. Bootblack 2008, Pacific West Bootblack 2004, and coordinator of the International Mr Bootblack Competition.
Both contests are fabulous opportunities to make an impact on the community and foster individual self-growth at the same time. Details and applications for the Master/slave contest and the bootblack contest are on the Southwest Leather Conference webpage at http://www.southwestleather.org/content/contests